Fun DIY Christmas Gift Idea for Family and Friends — Make a Snow Globe!

Christmas Themed Mason Jar Snow Globe

Christmas is my favorite time of year! It is a time when I can usually spend a lot of time with my family and friends. Not to mention, my dad and I love to look at Christmas lights and decorations!

For Christmas this year, one of my favorite moments is building my own DIY snow globe with my older sister!

The project was super simple and quick and I had a great time catching up with my sister while being able to be creative. Also, I was surprised that it didn't require a lot of materials to build one.

Here is the list of materials we used:

Snow Globe Process

To make the snow globe, we will first design the globe by placing the mini Christmas-themed figurines on the lid of the Mason Jar. When you are done designing, don't forget to check that everything fits inside the mason jar! I have definitely made this mistake a few times. 😅 

Once you ensure everything fits inside the mason jar and you are happy with the design of the snow globe, glue down the mini figurines to the mason jar lid with the glue of your choice (super glue or gorilla glue is recommended) and let it dry. 

Next, to ensure the color of the figurines does not dilute into the water, we will coat the figurines with the Clear Gloss Mod Podge Sealer Spray and let them dry. Also, please beware of the smell before spraying!

Once everything is dried, fill the Mason Jar up with distilled water and add a drop of liquid glycerine. Stir the liquid glycerine into the water. 

Lastly, add the glitter of your choice and slowly close/screw the mason jar with the mason jar lid. You can now shake the jar and you have completed your snow globe! ❆

Although this project was quick and easy (on average it should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete), I would definitely do this again since it was a great way to spend time with your loved ones and it serves well as a great handmade gift/decoration. 

To end off, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and if you do decide to make one of these snow globes I will love to see your creations! 

Feel free to send me a picture of your creations here: ellewanillustrations@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts