Excited to build my first Lego Build of 2023 — Chinese New Year Money Tree

Lego's Money Tree

In the spirit of the Chinese New Year, I picked up one of Lego's Chinese New Year-themed sets known as the Money Tree (model #40648). As a huge lego fan, I am beyond excited to build this!

In this set, the money tree consists of the following features:

  • a beautifully decorated tree that includes: 20 tangerines,14 red pockets, and 10 coins (symbolizing good luck and prosperity)
  • this set is recommended for ages 9 and up
  • 336 building pieces 
  • dimensions: 6in high
  • a great home decor display!
  • an overall product rating of 4.8
If you are interested in grabbing one for this Chinese new year, you can purchase it through Lego's website here; this product actually sells out quick fast! I had to stalk the product for a couple of days before I could purchase it! Generally speaking, the product took around 2 weeks to arrive depending on where you are located.

First Impressions

Lego Parts
When I first opened the bright yellow Lego box, everything was well-organized. All the lego pieces were placed in their appropriate plastic bags that were listed in the order in which the parts will be built; this made it easy to for me to know whether or not I am using the right lego block. 

The contents that came with the set are:

    • 6 packs of Lego building parts

    • Illustrated instruction manual 


Building Process

Overall, the estimated average time it took me to build this set was around 2 hours. The illustrated manual was very straightforward to follow. 

The first plastic bag contains all the parts needed to assemble the pot of the plant.

Top view

Next, the second part of the process was to begin to build the base of the money tree. Again, the walkthrough of the instructions was basic.

Part 2 base of money tree

Once I got to the third stage, it was time to build the bulk of the money tree. I have to admit, for steps two and three, when putting the tangerines together it was a bit difficult for me to stick the stem of the tangerine into the leaves. But overall, I loved the look of it so it was all worth it in the end!

Part 3 Money Tree midsection

Lastly, once the majority of the tree was done, the fourth plastic bag contains all the parts to assemble to the top of the tree and the two gold coins that are shown on the box. 

Part 4 Money tree top portion

All in all, I had so much fun building Lego's money tree set. I love small cute things so I really like the size of this product and the unique thought-out design of the tree; I can easily place it as a small decoration in my room when my family and friends come to visit me! The only small feedback I have for this product is that it can get a little repetitive — especially when you are building the tree leaves part. I would recommend this Lego set 100% if you are thinking about getting one!

Happy Chinese new year everyone! Stay happy and healthy!

Comments

Popular Posts