A Recap of the Best Moments of 2022 Accomplishments (Art Edition)

Hello everyone! It is that time of the year again to reflect on some of our accomplishments and celebrate our wins throughout the year. This recap, it will be a reflection of my art journey. Let's get started!

This year some of the things I have accomplished are:

  • January - April
    • In March, I finally had the courage to start up my Kidlit Instagram account and a Ko-Fi account. If you are interested, you can check it out here.
    • April 1st was my 1 year anniversary with my best friend. I usually don't have a lot of close friends in my life, so having someone in my life for more than a 1 is a big win for me! Because of this, I created an art piece for them symbolizing our friendship.
  • May - July:
    • Illustrated summer-related kid-lit illustrations.
    • It was my sister's birthday! Of course, I had to illustrate some bunny-related content to her.
  • August: I was at the lowest point of my life and was on the verge of quitting my bookkeeping job because of how demanding it was. However, I took the chance of applying to an internal position within my current company — to this day I was surprised that I got the job! I had to illustrate a piece to celebrate this accomplishment.
  • September - October
    • I created a Kidlit Illustration portfolio in October by building a simple website using Carrd. You can check this out here.
  • November:
    • Started to illustrate Christmas-themed kidlit art.

  • December:
    • Built my first DIY miniature dollhouse — Cathy's Flower House. If you are interested in this model kit, you can read my experience here.
    • Produced 28 pieces of art (from Jan - Dec 2022) and gained 18 followers on my Kidlit illustration Instagram account (not a lot, but I am still super proud of myself for someone who doesn't use social media that much!).
    • Built snow globes with my sister!

Regardless of your achievements this year, remember I am so proud of you! Let's strunt our way into 2023 with a positive mindset. Cheers to 2022 and hello to 2023! 🥂

Happy New Year everyone! 🎉

via GIPHY

Comments

Popular Posts